Toradora! Ep. 16 - 19
Heart 
Episode 19: Holy Night Party

[Image: toradora19.jpg]
Yes, that's Ami and Taiga.

Three down, here's the last one folks (I'm officially caught up):

Key plot points:
  • Ryuuji calls Minorin, but no one answers and he leaves a message regarding the party later that evening on her voicemail. Meanwhile, Taiga flings a box at Ryuuji containing a very expensive suit that was once her father's but was discarded when it didn't fit him anymore.
  • At the school later that evening, Yuri-sensei, of all days, is going to a class to learn about real estate to buy an apartment and leaves before the party even begins. Ryuuji, unhappy with how the punch was being distributed, volunteers to serve them out and while conversing with a turkey-confused Haruta, mistakenly catches a glimpse of someone looking like Minorin.
  • Haruta asks if Ryuuji saw Ami and whether she looked hot, then Hisamitsu says that he hasn't seen Taiga yet. Their questions are answered when the lights suddenly go out and a curtain is raised as both Taiga and Ami sing a Christmas song.
  • After the song, Ami converses with Ryuuji and let's him know that Taiga went over to Minorin's house then she'll be going home. At Taiga's apartment, she recalls a flashback memory of talking to Minorin and straightening things out and urging her to go to the Christmas party where Ryuuji's waiting, she is alone and says to herself that she'll be spending this year's Christmas alone after all, along with the years following.
  • As Taiga sleeps, she hears a pounding of her window from her bedroom, as she pulls the curtain back she's surprised at the sight of a giant bear with a Santa hat and suit is there. When she let's it in and asks if it's really Santa Claus, the Santa bear nods. An enjoyous moment occurs, but Taiga is quick to find out and thanks Ryuuji and pressures him to go back to the party. After all, her real Christmas present to Ryuuji was getting Minorin together with him.
  • As Ryuuji leaves to return to the party, Taiga goes to pick up Ryuuji's scarf but notices teardrops fall from her eyes. Even though she planned to get Minorin and Ryuuji together, she doesn't want this to occur as she will not have any one to rely on like Ryuuji did for her. She quickly dashes outside and shouts Ryuuji's name multiple times hoping he would come to her, but close by, Minorin witnesses this.
  • Ryuuji is sitting outside the school disappointed and wondering what he should do. Just then, Minorin comes by and tells him to recall the discussion they had at Ami's villa about both of them looking for UFOs and other things, she admits that they are better left unseen and walks away. Ryuuji realizes that he was just rejected by Minorin and falls to the floor in disbelief.

Episode thoughts:
Well, it turns out that everybody's Christmas turns out to be a flop. Ryuuji, Taiga, Ami, possibly Yuusaku too, are all alone with their own problems. The duet by Kitamura Eri and Kugimiya Rie (voices of Ami and Taiga, respectively) did a very good job with the Christmas song, Holy Night.

On another note, it appears that Taiga has feelings for Ryuuji after all and she wants him by her side. Perhaps things will run in her favor in the next few episodes, we'll see. If you're wondering which camp I'm convinced Ryuuji should go with, well I can't tell because I'm not sure which to cheer on for. There's the cliche route of RyuujiXTaiga, or the one he wanted from the beginning if he can make up (RyuujiXMinorin), or the avoiding the mess between Minorin and Taiga and having a RyuujiXAmi. Now that I think about it, I think Ryuuji might as well just give Ami another chance.

[Image: preview20.jpg]
As Ami worriedly looks off into the distance, she wonders what will happen in the next episode.

Next episode zutto, kono mama or Always, like this (or Always, as it is). Sounds like Minorin is back to her usual self, despite what happens in this episode, and the new year begins!

SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
Toradora! Ep. 16 - 19 - by SimsHsia - Sun Feb 15 2009, 12:40 PM
Toradora! Ep. 16 - by SimsHsia - Sun Feb 15 2009, 12:40 PM
Toradora! Ep. 17 - by SimsHsia - Sun Feb 15 2009, 12:41 PM
Toradora! Ep. 18 - by SimsHsia - Sun Feb 15 2009, 12:41 PM
Toradora! Ep. 19 - by SimsHsia - Sun Feb 15 2009, 12:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Laughing Toradora! Ep. 25 - Owari! (END) SimsHsia 0 13,325 Fri Mar 27 2009, 04:51 PM
Last Post: SimsHsia
Heart Toradora! Ep. 24 - In the Snow and Running Away SimsHsia 0 7,319 Fri Mar 20 2009, 11:30 AM
Shocked Toradora! Ep. 23 - Revelation of Everything SimsHsia 0 5,593 Sat Mar 14 2009, 10:37 AM
Shocked Toradora! Ep. 22 - Of Many Faces SimsHsia 0 4,697 Fri Mar 6 2009, 06:03 PM
Heart Toradora! Ep. 21 - Love Drama SimsHsia 0 5,989 Fri Feb 27 2009, 07:14 PM
Smile Toradora! Ep. 20 - Hands, hands, hands SimsHsia 0 5,767 Fri Feb 20 2009, 08:57 PM
Sick Toradora! Ep. 14 & Ep. 15 SimsHsia 0 7,903 Sat Jan 17 2009, 08:07 PM
Smile Toradora! Ep. 13 SimsHsia 0 8,338 Tue Dec 30 2008, 03:45 PM
Lost Toradora! Ep. 12 SimsHsia 0 7,087 Wed Dec 24 2008, 11:07 AM
Lost Toradora! Ep. 11 SimsHsia 0 10,923 Sat Dec 13 2008, 10:37 AM