List of Winter 2009 TV Anime [Updated 12/15]
Queen's Blade is officially airing in April. I have a friend who's disappointed about this news.

Anyways, some thoughts about this season's anime offerings I've watched so far:

Akikan! — Apart from some animation quality issues (i.e. eyeballs out of sync), over usage of man-service in the first episode (I'm still recovering from it) and the voice actor of Lelouch (Code Geass) as the main character I'm iffy on this one. It has your usual cliches of boy meets girl, girl lives in his house, and guy has childhood friend who likes him.

Asu no Yoichi! — I read the manga when I heard it was being adapted for a TV series just to find out what it was about and ended up enjoying it. Turns out it was something I was looking forward to watch.

Maria†Holic — A.k.a the TRAP anime. OK, to expand on the synopsis from above, Kanako enrolls in an all-girls school and is greeted by Mariya who is Kanako's ideal mate. Turns out "Mariya" is a crossdressing boy. I watched this on a whim, and turns out I actually enjoyed it. Is it because Kanako gets a nosebleed whenever she is greeted by other classmates and fantasizes about them, the fact that Mariya is continuously monitoring Kanako because she knows Mariya's true gender? Kanako's inner thoughts? The character traits? Mariya playing "her" maid as a guitar in the OP? All of the above? I can't decide which to pick. By the way, the opening sequence is really something... EDIT: YouTube's been removing videos relating to Maria Holic, search it up and you'll find one eventually.

Minami-ke Okaeri — Yup, the character designs are a combination of the first and second seasons but it took a while to get used to this new design. It's too early to tell, but still it's much better than the second season. I just hope they don't try too hard, as they did in the second, to surpass the outstanding first season. Well, more Hosaka-madness, Mako-chan traps and the Minami brothers are back.

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo — That's "Girl who Leapt Through Space", the title word plays on an animated film titled Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (or Girl who Leapt Through Time). If anyone would care to explain to me, after watching the first two episodes, what this ORIGINAL series is about please feel free to indulge me. EDIT: More information came in, basically Earth has overcrowded and humans (and chibi-robots) now live in colony clusters in space. Looks like another Sunrise logic-buster! Since this is an ORIGINAL series, there is no manga or light novels to get a feel or what to expect from this series. Oh, and it's from Sunrise, so it's expected. EDIT: By the way, I guess I can say this: Lelouch (from Code Geass) is reborn as an A.I robot called LEOPARD, and with some help from a girl named Akiha Shishidou, to, quite possibly, take over the galaxy. Word to the wise: this show is not to be taken seriously, turn off your brains while watching. Thank you.
EDIT2: The plot for this anime is revealed after watching the seventh episode.
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of Winter 2009 TV Anime [Updated 12/15] - by SimsHsia - Sat Jan 17 2009, 05:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Fall 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 0 11,122 Fri Sep 17 2010, 10:31 PM
Last Post: SimsHsia
Arrow Summer 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 1 6,878 Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:04 PM
Arrow Spring 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 3 10,666 Wed Apr 7 2010, 06:39 PM
Tongue Winter 2010 TV Anime Series SimsHsia 3 9,621 Tue Jan 5 2010, 06:33 PM
Arrow Spring 2009 Season TV Anime SimsHsia 21 43,795 Thu Nov 26 2009, 10:07 AM
Arrow Fall 2009 TV Anime SimsHsia 5 12,782 Sun Oct 11 2009, 09:12 AM
Arrow Summer 2009 TV Anime SimsHsia 5 20,594 Sat Jun 27 2009, 03:28 PM
Question List of animes you've watched SimsHsia 1 5,645 Wed Aug 6 2008, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Toriban