List of Winter 2009 TV Anime [Updated 12/15]
Alright, a few weeks ago I watched the first two episodes of Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai *gasp* or MUNTO for short (it's appropriate to say Munto TL;DR, I guess). Since I haven't seen the first two OVAs, I'm in no position yet to put my thoughts in it. I guess you can call by a KyoAni fanboy, whatever KyoAni makes, it must be good...maybe.

I watched the first few episodes of Chrome Shelled Regios just yesterday. Here's the general idea of the show: high school kids, in numbered platoons, battle freakishly huge monsters to protect their population (all living in "regios" or mobile city) and get a vital resource. In addition, each platoon battle other platoons for their ranking. The anime is very RPG-ish, and has a good soundtrack during battles or periods of come-uppance/action. There's quite a few girls (possible harem alert) going after the main character, Layfon. For one, that girl at his home "regios" named Lilin kissed him, another he saved on his first day by the name of Mei-Shen, possibly Felli, the psychokinesist in his platoon, and Nina, the captain of his platoon. This anime looks promising, if only for the action and the soundtrack. Seriously "Yasashii Uso" (or Gentle Lies) by Chrome Shell — which I helped someone over at MAL figure out that the band consists of five members, three male and two female; where the male members all look super highly feminine — the ending song, is just awesome. Felli's really something in this anime, I'll tell you that.

Watched the first few episodes of Hetalia Axis Powers, despite its length being five minutes long and recent boycotting of TV broadcasting in Japan by South Korea and instead is a webcast with the usual YouTube-like video quality, it looks promising. The show's mainly centered around Italy and Germany during WWII, but starts off with the waning events of WWI. The anime takes on a very cheery note of WWII: Italy is always bullied by his older brothers (Holy Roman Empire, for instance). During WWI, Italy is found by Germany and is taken prisoner. However, Italy notes in a song to Germany that he doesn't mind being a prisoner because the food there is much better than Britain's. Then WWII comes around, and Italy wants to be an ally with Germany. The first thing Germany does upon hearing this: boots Italy out, but then suddenly he returns only to say that he was booted from the other side. So, in the end Germany and Italy team up together and become friends...err...looks like Germany will have a stomachache due to Italy always cooking pasta all the time! Hilarious. Oh, and PASTAAA!

Next up, I'll have to check out RideBack. Despite it's name having the potential of an innuendo, it's something about mecha-motorcycles and racing? I don't know. I'm still deciding on White Album...maybe I'll watch when I'm not following 15 animes at once.

EDIT:

Ah, yes, how could I forget about Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu (that's with three u's, and that's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan) and Nyoron Churuya-san webisodes premiering on KADOKAWA's YouTube channel. Despite Haruhi-chan's "Nice Boat" School Day's anime parody with the message "It wasn't finished" last Friday, 20 hours later, the real 5 minute-long first episode of both Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san premiered with a heavy voice actor line up: the original voice cast. It's certainly nice to see Haruhi, Kyon, Yuki, Mikuru, Itsuki, and Kyon's sister once again ... although in chibi-er proportions.
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of Winter 2009 TV Anime [Updated 12/15] - by SimsHsia - Mon Feb 16 2009, 10:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Fall 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 0 11,122 Fri Sep 17 2010, 10:31 PM
Last Post: SimsHsia
Arrow Summer 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 1 6,878 Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:04 PM
Arrow Spring 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 3 10,669 Wed Apr 7 2010, 06:39 PM
Tongue Winter 2010 TV Anime Series SimsHsia 3 9,621 Tue Jan 5 2010, 06:33 PM
Arrow Spring 2009 Season TV Anime SimsHsia 21 43,799 Thu Nov 26 2009, 10:07 AM
Arrow Fall 2009 TV Anime SimsHsia 5 12,784 Sun Oct 11 2009, 09:12 AM
Arrow Summer 2009 TV Anime SimsHsia 5 20,594 Sat Jun 27 2009, 03:28 PM
Question List of animes you've watched SimsHsia 1 5,646 Wed Aug 6 2008, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Toriban