List of Winter 2009 TV Anime [Updated 12/15]
Managed to watch two episodes of RideBack. The general story takes place in the future at Musashino University where the main character, Ogata Rin, is locally well-known ballet dancer and recently enrolled student in the theater department. However, reasons unknown to most people, Rin has quit being a ballet dancer two years prior to attending university due to an injury she sustained during her first performance as lead dancer. Deviating slightly here to the general background story, a group known as the GGP are utilizing mechas to successfully overthrow superpowers during a time of war. It is a time of change and revolution, but life continues on regardless of this fact. Continuing on before the deviation: Rin eventually finds herself in a RideBack club and is offered by one of the members to ride back on a RideBack Type L "Fuego", a voice-command recognition mechanized motorcycle that can transform from standing to spread legs form, which she became accustomed to rather quickly despite some issues.

This anime has both action and racing elements to it and the first two episodes had me saying "woah" a few times when Rin was on her RideBack performing stunts. Now, even though Rin is wearing a dress, ladies shouldn't wear such an article of clothing when riding what amounts of a motorcycle - but with the angle of depiction for this anime, there weren't any full-blown flashes of her undergarments like in some other anime series (i.e. Shakugan no Shana, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, etc). Well, looks like Rin will be involving herself in several RideBack races and the GGP will become a bigger part of the plot soon in this 12 episode series. I'll close this out with a short note about the opening song, "RideBack", by MELL ... the song is sung entirely in English, but it's very difficult to tell what the lyrics are. The official lyrics were released a couple of days ago so now the song is understandable; by the way there's also a Japanese version of "RideBack".

---

Watched the first three episodes of Kurokami or Black God. We're following Keita who, unfortunately, lost his mother due to an accident because she saw someone who looked exactly like her. Risa, a classmate of his who sits near him, and Mayu, his neighbor's daughter, suffered the same fate as well. There is a terminology used in this anime that describe people who look the same, no not doppelgangers, but "doppeliners" where there are "roots" and "subs". Each doppeliner has varying luck, and if one "sub" is annihilated, the "root" absorbs the luck from the "sub". Keita meets Kuro, out of all places, at a road-side ramen shop where the latter barely has any money to buy any food so Keita offers his bowl of ramen to her. Kuro isn't an ordinary girl, when she is unexpected walloped by some large dude, she unleashes a fury of punches at him to later leave Keita behind vowing she's going to kill her brother who's somehow involved with these killings.

Originally, I didn't want to watch this anime until I heard it was something like Shakugan no Shana (SnS), and I wanted to judge it for myself. Yes, it has certain elements that are found in both series: a.) one girl who has black hair and black eyes but can transform into rage mode with red hair and red eyes; b.) an unsuspecting normal boy who becomes involved with girl; c.) death is seen in the first episode; d.) girl saves boy's life; e.) terminology introduced with little to some explanation; and f.) 24 episodes long. Unlike SnS, there doesn't seem to be any revivals of those who perished due to the element of doppelgangers who live completely separate lives. Kuro's likeable, she's able to fight and is not as irritated at the main character like Shana. Keita sort of reminds me of mixture of Shirou from Fate/stay night and Yuji from SnS where they don't want to fight and yet he somehow has a supernatural power because something was transferred into his body. To note, they are simultaneously airing Kurokami in both Japanese and English dubs, although since I've been spoiled too much by viewing anime in their original Japanese dubs, you'll know which dub I'm watching.
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of Winter 2009 TV Anime [Updated 12/15] - by SimsHsia - Sat Mar 7 2009, 10:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Fall 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 0 11,116 Fri Sep 17 2010, 10:31 PM
Last Post: SimsHsia
Arrow Summer 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 1 6,869 Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:04 PM
Arrow Spring 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 3 10,650 Wed Apr 7 2010, 06:39 PM
Tongue Winter 2010 TV Anime Series SimsHsia 3 9,607 Tue Jan 5 2010, 06:33 PM
Arrow Spring 2009 Season TV Anime SimsHsia 21 43,770 Thu Nov 26 2009, 10:07 AM
Arrow Fall 2009 TV Anime SimsHsia 5 12,755 Sun Oct 11 2009, 09:12 AM
Arrow Summer 2009 TV Anime SimsHsia 5 20,577 Sat Jun 27 2009, 03:28 PM
Question List of animes you've watched SimsHsia 1 5,639 Wed Aug 6 2008, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Toriban