Tales of the Abyss
Cool 
Episode 6: Desert Rain

OP note: I'm adding in a spoiler toggle. Some of you may just want to see the pictures, but do not want to be tempted by the synopsis of what occurs in this episode. So, there you go! Smile

Recap from last time:

We learn even more about the Score, in particular from the sixth fonstone and specifics about fonics. Luke and the group return to Kimlasca for a short while only to find out the King requests Luke to proceed to the Mulkuth Empire to aide a mining city in distress. Van, Luke's teacher and close friend, reveals he was the one who kidnapped him seven years ago, and plans Luke's escape to Daath after dealing with the mining city.

Key plot points:
  • Fon Master Ion is kidnapped, the person responsible with this plan is Asch the Bloody, one of the God-Generals of the Oracle Knights.
  • Luke and the group plan a diversion of sending two ships, with one as a decoy, due to the fact that the Oracle Navy has ships patrolling between the Kimlasca and Mulkuth nations. Van Grants will lead the decoy ship while the rest go on the other. Both ships will head toward their intended destination of the mining city, Akzeriuth, in the Mulkuth Empire.
  • The group find out from Anise that Ion is missing and find out he's been taken by the Oracle Knights. With Oracle soldiers surrounding the city, they have no way of carrying out their plan.
  • The amazing Guy saves the day once more with a plan of going through an underground weapons factory that will lead them outside of Baticul.
  • Princess Natalia joins the group on their quest from within the factory, after much debate, Luke, being the ambassador and the decider, decides Natalia will join them. She is a worthy asset of being the best archer and has extensive knowledge in healing magic.
  • After their journey within the factory, they make it outside. They witness Ion boarding the Tartarus with the kidnappers and head after it. They later find out Ion's being brought to the Zao Ruins.
  • Big spoiler: Spoiler follows, highlight to read: Asch looks exactly like Luke.

Episode thoughts:

Aside from the big spoiler which ranks much higher than Van revealing he kidnapped Luke, the highlight of this episode was, well, the big spoiler. With that said, I'll discuss my thoughts on smaller details. Like, for instance, Tear. Tear is scared of ghosts, even when mentioning it in a dark and spooooky place like an underground factory. There's one scene where, I guess, one could scream "MOÉ!" with her reaction. There are certainly a lot of Tear fanboys out there because of this, for example.

*cough* Anyways, Anise is very clingy to Luke in this episode. Too clingy that even Natalia has had enough of her childish and clingy-to-Luke attitude. I found it hilarious when Anise was arguing with Natalia and she said that Luke prefers them young and can spend more time with younger ones. Although, Natalia joined the group, both Tear and Anise disagreed with her joining. Tear, because she doesn't want a royal princess to become in danger; Anise, for her attraction to Luke, despite Luke's prearranged engagement to Natalia.

Next episode, Isolation, Luke and the group fight their way to rescue Ion within the Zao Ruins and we learn about Tear's history.
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
Tales of the Abyss Ep. 3 - by SimsHsia - Sun Oct 12 2008, 06:03 PM
Tales of the Abyss Ep. 4 - by SimsHsia - Sun Oct 19 2008, 08:07 PM
Tales of the Abyss Ep. 5 - by SimsHsia - Sun Oct 26 2008, 08:45 PM
Tales of the Abyss Ep. 6 - by SimsHsia - Sun Nov 2 2008, 03:34 PM
Tales of the Abyss Ep. 7 - by SimsHsia - Mon Nov 10 2008, 09:40 PM
Tales of the Abyss Ep. 8 - by SimsHsia - Mon Nov 17 2008, 09:41 PM
Tales of the Abyss Ep. 9 - by SimsHsia - Thu Nov 27 2008, 10:43 PM
Tales of the Abyss Ep.10 - by SimsHsia - Sun Nov 30 2008, 04:10 PM