Fall 2009 TV Anime
Second episode stuff:

Railgun: With the way J.C. Staff is adapting this series and only with the second episode, it was pretty much a hilarious filler episode. With a filler this early and barely any plot (at least from the manga), it leads me to believe that this series will have around the 24 total episodes instead of the speculated 12 episodes. The ED song, Dear My Friend - toward a still unseen future - (Dear My Friend - まだ見ぬ未来へ -) by ELISA, was certainly different from Index (the singer IKU did both ED songs for that series) but still a nice closing song for the end of the episode. Most of the English sung is often repeated, i.e. "dear my friend, always with you / dear my friend, everyday life (always with you)" and so on. The sequence animation is simple, going from inside a room colored regularly to a background switching from gray to pink and finally to green with windmills in the background.

Blacksmith: Luke dodged some bullets, but perhaps he couldn't dodge that one bullet...of the female variety. Plus, why go to the store when you can make your own utensils? And then, the last main character introduced - you may have spotted her in the ED sequence.

Kampfer: I didn't mention that the previous episode does references for one particular seiyuu (Nomura Michiko, who voices Tora) since I thought it would be a one-shot kind of thing, but the second episode comes back with a double hitter. They referenced Mizuki Nana and Horie Yui, voicing the wildcat doll and the foul-mouthed Akane, respectively. The episode itself moved rather quickly from the cliffhanger fight that ended the previous episode, to a confession scene, then to another fight. In the end, Senou, transformed into a girl against hi..he..his/her own will, gets transferred to the girls' side of the school to prevent rumors further spreading about a mysterious girl who suddenly appears. The only issue I'm seeing, unless if they clear this up in the next episode, is the consequence of folks wondering where the male version of Senou went.

Letter Bee: The expected time jump in the last two minutes of the episode. Now we can get on with the rest of the story, like someone's partner and their adventure.

Seitokai: I wonder when they'll leave that room and have their discussions elsewhere, or how their houses look like. Parents or siblings even. The OP sequence, well the street signs that pop up in there remind me of the second OP for Suzumiya Haruhi. As for the ED, this episode's song is...wow, it's kinda difficult to hear. As for the references that I could pick up: FMA, Blood+ (?, I think...), Yu-Gi-Oh!, Lucky Star (again), Death Note, and Maria-sama ga Miteru. Also, the quotes they used put historical figures in a modern day light, I mean they had Thomas Edison playing a game on a PSP!

Kimi ni Todoke: Slightly different from the manga, but I feel that J.C. Staff did a good adaptation of the first three chapters.
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
Fall 2009 TV Anime - by SimsHsia - Sun Aug 2 2009, 01:17 PM
RE: Fall 2009 TV Anime - by SimsHsia - Fri Aug 21 2009, 05:53 PM
RE: Fall 2009 TV Anime - by Toriban - Wed Sep 9 2009, 06:56 AM
RE: Fall 2009 TV Anime - by SimsHsia - Tue Sep 29 2009, 06:08 PM
RE: Fall 2009 TV Anime - by SimsHsia - Fri Oct 2 2009, 05:37 PM
RE: Fall 2009 TV Anime - by SimsHsia - Sun Oct 11 2009, 09:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Fall 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 0 11,115 Fri Sep 17 2010, 10:31 PM
Last Post: SimsHsia
Arrow Summer 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 1 6,863 Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:04 PM
Arrow Spring 2010 TV Anime SimsHsia 3 10,643 Wed Apr 7 2010, 06:39 PM
Tongue Winter 2010 TV Anime Series SimsHsia 3 9,601 Tue Jan 5 2010, 06:33 PM
Arrow Spring 2009 Season TV Anime SimsHsia 21 43,758 Thu Nov 26 2009, 10:07 AM
Arrow Summer 2009 TV Anime SimsHsia 5 20,559 Sat Jun 27 2009, 03:28 PM
Arrow List of Winter 2009 TV Anime [Updated 12/15] SimsHsia 5 11,894 Sat Mar 7 2009, 10:50 PM