PC Game Demo Reviews
Tried Supreme Commander Demo, besides the hype that I have seen a few months before, it's an OK game but it appears that it is not my kind of taste for an RTS. Must have been too much Company of Heroes and World in Conflict last month. Wink

---

Crysis Demo -- wow, what an amazing game. Even though it was a demo, it reminded me of playing Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis back in 2001 with a group of friends. Crysis and OF:CW both appear to load the entire map so you can play around in it. The different settings that you can set your character, like Strength to jump over large obstacles that no human can do; Speed to run fast and surprise the enemy as one second you're a couple hundred yards away from them and the next second you're right in front of them doing a melee attack. Out of the five different settings you can set Nomad (the character the player assumes control of) to, I find that speed is best for that mission in the demo.

Now, don't get me wrong, speed can't win everything during a battle - hence if Nomad is facing about half a dozen enemy troops firing on you, you have to use the Armor setting so you don't die too quickly. The A.I of the enemy, as well as the friendlies, are very life-like, and more advanced than the A.I. in CoD2. Whenever I outflank the enemy, they somehow attempt to flank me, and I would have to reposition myself. At times it was frustrating as I was attempting to flank ground troops guarding a checkpoint (one of the mission objectives) when that annoying gunboat comes speeding in toward the coast and fires away at me.

Not to spoil it or anything, toward the end of the demo your commander and several other survivors who make it (because everyone in your squad misses the LZ [landing zone]) see something very odd. Then the "alien" attacks and takes one of your squad members, then fades out. End of demo.

---

Didn't try The Witcher, but I did try F.E.A.R. Demo. And, boy, I tell you, as much as I like the Reflex Time of the game, it certainly isn't the type of game I would like to play. Other than being an FPS, the paranormal and blood everywhere...eh...I closed out the game. At least I got to test out the Reflex Time, very cool. If I have the guts to try F.E.A.R again, I would, but right now...nah, I'll try out another demo. Shy

Yeah, yeah, I know (you wuss), but different folks have different likes and dislikes for game genres. One may think it is arguably one of the best games of all times, another may not necessarily like the FPS genre and prefer another one.

---

Again, if you have tested any other PC Game Demo, you are free to post your own thoughts, likes and dislikes, and other miscellaneous topics related to that game to further contribute to this thread. Smile
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
PC Game Demo Reviews - by SimsHsia - Mon Dec 24 2007, 11:17 AM
RE: PC Game Demo Reviews - by SimsHsia - Mon Jan 21 2008, 04:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool post your current game obsession kuponut 27 37,575 Sat Nov 21 2009, 10:15 PM
Last Post: SimsHsia