Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants
You know what always puts me in a really emo mood? Looking back at the Avalon forums. Do you know why? These people formed a community, a gathering of people all drawn together to celebrate their love of a good story. Then, after a good time, the story was taken away. Slowly, people gathered there less and less, gatherings and friendships lost as people slowly drifted away and lost hope. Even though I was just a lurker and not an active member of the community, I was still a fan of the comic, and it was still sad.

But then, two years later, Avalon returned. A few came back. People were happy again. Then, nothing. For another year, people waited for their beloved tale to end, for closure to find the characters they'd connected with. But there was nothing. No ending. No passing of the torch to someone to finish the series. Not even a print version of what there was to be had so far.

Then, to top it all off, the author, the man who could brought these people together, betrayed them. He said that his fan base was "embarrassing."

So, to all of us at EZS, if we ever were to get as loyal a fan base as that, I pray that we would never do something like that. I hope we would stick with it to the end, or at least fix it so there was an end in some way. And I don't mean a block of text like Phillips did.
Of A Revolution Wrote:And we would sit, and wonder about the future,
But now I'm thinkin' that today sounds fine to me.

[Image: toriban.png]

Messages In This Thread
Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by Toriban - Tue Aug 21 2007, 08:53 AM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by SimsHsia - Tue Aug 21 2007, 10:02 AM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by Toriban - Fri Oct 5 2007, 06:54 PM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by kuponut - Sun Oct 7 2007, 06:26 PM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by Toriban - Sun Oct 7 2007, 07:23 PM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by kuponut - Sun Oct 7 2007, 07:32 PM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by Toriban - Sat Jan 5 2008, 01:00 PM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by kuponut - Sat Jul 19 2008, 05:39 AM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by Nux - Sat Jul 19 2008, 06:19 PM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by Toriban - Sat May 30 2009, 06:10 AM
RE: Toriban's Random Up All Night Rants - by Toriban - Sun Jun 21 2009, 04:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Toriban's Signatures Toriban 0 2,726 Thu Nov 17 2005, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Toriban