Rant: Stephen Colbert '08
Saw it on the local news channel while eating breakfast and heard it during my commute this morning that Stephen Colbert has decided to not run for the Presidency.

It kind of reminds me of the movie with Tom Dobbs (Robin Williams), in Man of the Year, that a comedian of a popular show that makes fun of politicians in Washington, and everywhere else in the country. Seems kind of similar, huh? It's a shame that he didn't get on the ballot and continue on, as portrayed in the movie. Had Colbert become President-elect, would that be very surprising. Would he perform the same actions as Tom Dobbs did, to not be president? Unfortunately, this isn't a re-election period, but a search for a new fresh face in the White House to lead the country.

In related news, Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, after finding out that Colbert was rejected from having his name on the South Carolina voting ballot, commented that he would have enjoyed a fellow South Carolinian on the primary voting ballot, stating, "I think it adds a little bit of interest. I like it though. I think it's fun". And, I do agree, it adds a little "pizazz", if you will, if Colbert were to enter into the presidential election for '08. Smile
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
Rant: Stephen Colbert '08 - by SimsHsia - Thu Nov 1 2007, 04:41 PM
RE: Rant: Stephen Colbert '08 - by kuponut - Thu Nov 1 2007, 10:15 PM
RE: Rant: Stephen Colbert '08 - by SimsHsia - Fri Nov 2 2007, 08:19 PM
RE: Rant: Stephen Colbert '08 - by kuponut - Wed Aug 13 2008, 01:40 AM