StarCraft 2
Eh, only a week late. So, I bought StarCraft II on launch day, contributing to the statistics of Blizzard being able to get the record achievement of 1.5 million copies of the game in just the first 48 hours.

Overall, the game is great. You can explore different areas of the Hyperion, the battlecruiser owned and operated by James Raynor and his rebellion forces, talking to some of the crew, and watching the clearly government censored and controlled UNN Dominion News. All of that plus the sweet graphics the game provides.

Critics of the game may say this about LAN not being included or that about how you need to be connected to the Internet to play the game, even in single player (although, Blizzard states you can still play offline, but it's not recommended), or how the whole thing is only about the Terran race and not like the previous two games that included all three races.

With that aside, I'd like to correct some of the errors I found in my previous replies.

First, the Wraith has made a comeback as a classic unit due to its versatility. The Command Center with the optional mounted turret gun is an unlockable research point that you get from obtaining these Zerg artifacts that are spread throughout on missions. The resource gathering I talked about is another unlockable research point from, I think, obtaining enough Protoss artifacts. Since it is only a prototype, it is able to mine nearly 300 minerals until it runs out of energy and disappears.

Now, since I am an owner of a certain ATI graphics card, I don't have much of the anti-aliasing goodness that our nVidia counterparts enjoy, but with the Catalyst 10.7 beta drivers (which I haven't installed yet, though) it is possible.
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
StarCraft 2 - by SimsHsia - Sat May 19 2007, 01:03 PM
RE: StarCraft 2 - by SimsHsia - Sun Mar 16 2008, 02:20 PM
RE: StarCraft 2 - by SimsHsia - Sat Aug 7 2010, 09:22 AM
RE: StarCraft 2 - by SimsHsia - Tue Aug 10 2010, 07:20 PM