Microsoft Windows Vista On Track: Nov. 2006
Of course, if you are upgrading to Vista, the eye-candy is just a sales gimick. If, and when, I were to at some date get Windows Vista, I will frantically find the options to set it back to the classic theme/views.

It's sad how Windows Vista will not support EFI, so that it will dual-boot with Mac OS X and Windows on Intel Macs. Sad

But there are many reports from the current beta of Windows Vista that the Tablet PC enhancements found in Vista are better than Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. For instance, handwriting recognition is vastly improved, instead of Windows XP guessing what your writing (disambiguation between 'l' (ell) and '1' (one)); Windows Vista learns your handwriting. During post-installation, Vista asks you to write out a sentence, then the OS knows what your handwriting looks like, your handwriting speed, how you hold the pen at an angle, strokes, etc. Although its limitation: only for the English language.

EDIT: Flash forward less than a year, there's some handwriting recognition for other languages.
SimsHsia
EZS Web Services
"I've reached field capacity!"

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft Windows Vista On Track: Nov. 2006 - by SimsHsia - Wed Mar 22 2006, 06:07 PM
RE: Microsoft Windows Vista On Track: Nov. 2006 - by SimsHsia - Wed Mar 29 2006, 09:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Microsoft releases Office 2003 Service Package 3 SimsHsia 0 3,051 Wed Sep 19 2007, 02:51 PM
Last Post: SimsHsia
Arrow Windows Live Mail SimsHsia 0 2,735 Thu Nov 10 2005, 09:32 PM
Arrow Microsoft Antispyware -> Defender SimsHsia 0 2,376 Thu Nov 10 2005, 09:05 PM